Solid Waste in Greatwood
Republic Services to begin providing solid waste collection to Greatwood in Fall 2020.
Greatwood residents currently receive solid waste collection from Best Trash. This service is based on an existing contract in place prior to Sugar Land’s annexation of Greatwood in 2017. With the expiration of that contract, Republic Services will begin providing collection to Greatwood as Sugar Land’s exclusive service provider.
The change will introduce new solid waste programs, while maintaining the core collection services currently available to Greatwood residents.
Prior to service beginning, each household will receive a 95-gallon garbage cart and a 65-gallon recycle cart, unless a different size was requested during the cart selection process earlier this year.
- When does Republic Services begin providing garbage and recycling collection in Greatwood?
- What if I did not make a cart selection during the selection timeframe?
- Will I be able to change my cart size in the future?
- Do I have to pay for the new carts?
- Why is the transition in service providers taking place?
- What days will my garbage and recycling by collected?
Garbage service is currently provided by Best Trash twice a week.
Best Trash Service Guidelines
- On your collection day, set your bags or personal carts out by 7 a.m., but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before.
- After collection has occurred, return your personal cart to your property by the end of the day.
- Personal carts must be stored on your property, in compliance with deed restrictions. Do not store it in the alley or on the street.
Best Trash will not provide service on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If your collection falls on one of these holidays, you will receive service on your next scheduled service day.
During the holidays, you will generate more trash than normal, but don’t worry! Even though you will have more solid waste, it does not mean you have to send it to the landfill. The City of Sugar Land is here to give you Santa’s recycling tips.
Recycle service is currently provided once a week utilizing a green cart from Best Trash. Only items placed in the cart will be collected.
Best Trash Service Guidelines
- On your collection day, set your recycle cart out by 7 a.m., but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before.
- After collection has occurred, return your cart to your property by the end of the day.
- Please recycle only the acceptable materials. All recyclable materials may be mixed together inside the cart.
- Place loose materials in your cart. Do not place any recyclables in plastic bags. Protect recyclables from inclement weather by keeping the lid closed.
- Only materials in the cart will be collected. Ensure that you flatten and cut cardboard to no larger than 2 feet by 2 feet. Make sure cardboard does not get jammed in your cart prohibiting it from being emptied.
- Ensure that all your recyclables are empty and clean before recycling them to avoid contamination of other materials.
Looking for Customer Service?
Customer service questions regarding Best Trash collection should be directed to Best Trash.
- Cart Questions
- Request Additional Pickup
- Report Cart Damage
For information on the transition to Republic Services:
Contact 3-1-1 or 281-275-2900 or email email@example.com.