Solid Waste in Greatwood
Thursday, January 18
Solid Waste Collection Schedules
Best Trash: Greatwood’s service provider
- Thursday’s service is being collected as scheduled.
- Friday will also be collected as scheduled and includes the missed collections from Tuesday.
Wednesday, January 17
Best Trash, the solid and waste provider for Greatwood, has canceled service today due to weather. If your service was not received on Tuesday, it will be made up the next regularly scheduled collection day, which is Friday. Thursday service is expected to run as scheduled.
Tuesday, January 16
All city offices are closed today due to the ongoing threat of dangerous road conditions. Essential personnel will continue to ensure emergency services are provided. Municipal Court is canceled.
Best Trash, the solid and waste provider for Greatwood, has canceled service today due to weather. Make-up days will be communicated as soon as the information is available.
Freezing rain is expected throughout the day and could contribute to icy roads. This may also impact solid waste and recycling service. City crews will continue to inspect roads and bridges and deploy sand trucks where needed. Please stay home today and avoid driving. It’s not worth placing yourself and our first responders in harm's way. Stay safe and protect your pipes. Visit our extreme cold weather page for preparation tips and the ITS website for traffic conditions.
Garbage service is provided twice a week. Items must be placed at the curb unless you have the HOA backdoor service.
Garbage Service Guidelines
- Set your bags or personal carts out by 7 a.m. on your collection day but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before.
- Return your personal cart to your property by the end of the day, after your collection has occurred.
- Personal carts must be stored on your property, in compliance with deed restrictions. Do not store it in the alley or on the street.
Best Trash will not provide service on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If your collection falls on one of these holidays, you will receive service on your next scheduled service day.
During the holidays, you will generate more trash than normal, but don’t worry! Even though you will have more solid waste, it does not mean you have to send it to the landfill. The City of Sugar Land is here to give you Santa’s recycling tips.
Recycle service is provided once a week utilizing a green cart from Best Trash. Only items placed in the cart will be collected.
Recycling Service Guidelines
- Set your recycle cart out by 7 a.m. on your collection day but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before.
- Return your cart to your property by the end of the day, after your collection has occurred.
- Please recycle only the acceptable materials. All recyclable materials may be mixed together inside the cart.
- Place loose materials in your cart. Do not place any recyclables in plastic bags. Protect recyclables from inclement weather by keeping the lid closed.
- Only materials in the cart will be collected. Ensure that you flatten and cut cardboard to no larger than 2 feet by 2 feet. Make sure cardboard does not get jammed in your cart prohibiting it from being emptied.
- Ensure that all your cans and bottles are empty before recycling them to avoid contamination of other materials.
Looking for Customer Service?
All customer service is handled by Best Trash.
- Missed Pickup
- Cart Questions
- Request Additional Pickup
- Report Cart Damage