Solid Waste & Recycling
Textile collection update for all residents, including Greatwood:
Simple Recycling provides textile collection to all residents, including those in Greatwood. Effective immediately, textile collection services for all City residents will be suspended until further notice. These changes are being implemented due to COVID-19 precautions and a limitation in available resources. Full collection services will be restored as quickly as possible.
Important solid waste program update for Republic Services customers only:
Republic Services is experiencing an increase in the amount of residential solid waste as a result of residents spending more time at home. In an effort to mitigate these increases, while facing the challenges and limitations created by COVID-19, the following modifications will take effect Monday, March 30, 2020 and will remain in place until further notice. These modifications are temporary and full collection services will be restored as quickly as possible.
Bulky waste will be suspended until further notice.
All other collection services will continue to run according to schedule with the following changes:
- Residents should continue placing their recycling and garbage carts out for service according to their normal collection schedule; however, due to the need to reallocate collection resources, recyclable material will not be recycled at this time. As this is a temporary change, we encourage residents to continue practicing good recycling habits to ensure a seamless transition once normal operations resume.
- Green waste collection will continue, however we anticipate delays in service. By taking the following steps, residents can help minimize these delays:
- Mulch leaves and grass clippings instead of bagging them for disposal.
- Limit the amount of pruning and aesthetic tree trimming to only what’s essential.
- If utilizing a landscape company, ensure that all green waste is collected and hauled off by the contractor.
We will send information regarding any delays to the impacted areas through Nextdoor. Should your items not be collected by 7pm on your regularly scheduled day, please first check Nextdoor for any service notifications prior to calling 3-1-1 or 281-275-2900.
Looking for Customer Service?
Customer service (except for Greatwood) is handled by Republic Services. Phone: 713-726-7307 | email customer service
- Missed Pickup
- Cart Questions
- Request Additional Pickup
- Report Cart Damage
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) and E-Waste Disposal
- Bulk Cardboard Recycling
Customer service for Greatwood residents is handled by Best Trash. Phone: 281-313-2378