Water Bill Payment Options
Looking to save money?
Water conservation is an easy way to save money. A few small changes can lead to a possible savings on the wastewater portion of your bill. Visit the water savings tips page for more details.
How is your wastewater cap calculated?
For residential customers, wastewater volume charges for April through the following March are based on the lesser of:
- average monthly water usage as billed in the most recent February and March months
- twelve thousand gallons
If you have any questions, contact 281-275-2750.
Are you from Greatwood or New Territory?
Please see below for answers to some of the most common questions we are receiving from newly annexed residents.
- I haven’t received my December water bill- I usually receive it at the beginning of the month.
- Why is my MUD account number not working when I type it in on the City of Sugar Land website?
- See additional questions and answers >>
If you don’t see your question, call 281-275-2750. One of our customer service representatives will assist you. If you can’t stay on the line, leave a voicemail to receive a prompt call back.
Do you use your bank's pay service?
If you use your bank's bill pay service, please note:
- Some banks actually print out a check and then mail it to our office
- We strongly suggest that you allow sufficient time for your bank's check process and mailing, in order for the check to reach our offices and avoid a late fee.
- When setting up this service, your City of Sugar Land account number should include all numbers, including the dash.
You can also pay with a credit card, online and over the phone, and pay no fee. All payment options are available below.
Regular Payment Options
A convenient way to pay your water bill each month is to sign up for Automatic Bank Drafting. There is no cost to you, and your payment will be automatically drafted on the Friday before the due date each month. You will still receive your monthly bill so you can monitor your water usage.
Online Water PaymentsA simple, convenient, and secure way of viewing and paying water and wastewater bills online. We accept American Express, MasterCard, or Visa. To access this service, your browser must support 128-bit encryption.
Questions?In order to use online bill pay, you must complete the following:
Required Browsers: Internet Explorer 7/8, Firefox 3, Chrome 10+, Safari 5. Difficulties may arise from using other browsers.
Pay By Phone: The Treasury's automated phone system provide utility account information and accepts credit card payments. Call 281-275-2750 and enter your utility account number.
Mail Payment to:
City of Sugar Land
P.O. Box 5029
Sugar Land, TX 77487-5029
Pay in Person
Sugar Land City Hall is located at:
2700 Town Center Blvd. N.
Sugar Land, TX 77479
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding City holidays.
Payment drop boxes are located in the parking lot of these seven city facilities, located throughout the city.