Answering these few questions will help you discover what type of bike is best for you:
- Why am I buying a bike?
- How fit am I?
- Where will I ride?
- What kind of terrain will I be riding?
- Will I be carrying anything?
- How much do I want to spend?
Types of bikes:
- Road: Dropped handlebars and skinny tires, for racing or touring
- Mountain: Flat handlebars with a wide range of gears, large tires and suspension for unpaved terrain
- Hybrid/Comfort: Provides an upright position for a more relaxed ride Recumbent: Have a reclined position and come in a wide variety of styles