The House Watch Program is designed to provide Sugar Land homeowners a means of having their residence checked periodically by an officer when they are away from home on vacation or an extended weekend.
In order for a residence to be placed on a house watch , the following criteria should be met:
- Your house must be located within Sugar Land city limits
- The residence must be vacated for more than 72 hours
- No other people may be going into or around the residence while it is unoccupied
- The occupant must have established residency at the location
- The residence may not remain on the watch for more than three weeks
- The residence may not exceed a maximum of 12 weeks per calendar year.