Solid Waste in Greatwood
Simple Recycling provides textile collection to all residents, including those in Greatwood. Effective immediately, textile collection services for all City residents will be suspended until further notice. These changes are being implemented due to COVID-19 precautions and a limitation in available resources. Full collection services will be restored as quickly as possible.
All other garbage and recycling services for Greatwood residents will continue as normal. Best Trash collection may run later than normal, as they are experiencing higher volumes of garbage being placed out for service. In observance of Best Trash employee’s safety, please make sure all garbage is collected and tied up in plastic bags.
Residents may continue to place their recycling loose in their cart; however, if anyone in the household is exhibiting symptoms of illness, please instead place recyclables in a plastic bag and dispose of with your regular garbage.
We appreciate everyone’s patience as we work through these challenges.
Garbage service is provided twice a week.
Starting January 1, 2019, the HOA backdoor service will no longer be provided. All items must be placed at the curb for collection on your normal service day.
Garbage Service Guidelines
- Set your bags or personal carts out by 7 a.m. on your collection day but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before.
- Return your personal cart to your property by the end of the day, after your collection has occurred.
- Personal carts must be stored on your property, in compliance with deed restrictions. Do not store it in the alley or on the street.
Best Trash will not provide service on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If your collection falls on one of these holidays, you will receive service on your next scheduled service day.
During the holidays, you will generate more trash than normal, but don’t worry! Even though you will have more solid waste, it does not mean you have to send it to the landfill. The City of Sugar Land is here to give you Santa’s recycling tips.
Recycle service is provided once a week utilizing a green cart from Best Trash. Only items placed in the cart will be collected.
Recycling Service Guidelines
- Set your recycle cart out by 7 a.m. on your collection day but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before.
- Return your cart to your property by the end of the day, after your collection has occurred.
- Please recycle only the acceptable materials. All recyclable materials may be mixed together inside the cart.
- Place loose materials in your cart. Do not place any recyclables in plastic bags. Protect recyclables from inclement weather by keeping the lid closed.
- Only materials in the cart will be collected. Ensure that you flatten and cut cardboard to no larger than 2 feet by 2 feet. Make sure cardboard does not get jammed in your cart prohibiting it from being emptied.
- Ensure that all your cans and bottles are empty before recycling them to avoid contamination of other materials.
Looking for Customer Service?
All customer service is handled by Best Trash.
- Missed Pickup
- Cart Questions
- Request Additional Pickup
- Report Cart Damage