Building Safety (Permits & Inspections)
Due to Covid-19 and to comply with social distancing, staffing levels in the Building Safety Department have been reduced. This will cause permit application processing to be delayed. Please allow 5 business days for a permit technician to process your application before contacting the Building Safety Department to check on the status. Thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time.
Treasury and Department of Building Safety -By Appointment Only
- Effective April 1, 2020, Treasury and Department of Building Safety will be accepting in-person customers by appointment only.
- Customers must pass a wellness screening to show that their body temperature is below 100.0 degrees before admission to City offices.
- Applications for Treasury and Department of Building Safety services can be submitted by dropping them in the drop box located in the City Hall parking lot.
- There are several payment options for Utility Accounts and Miscellaneous bills. Contactless payments can be made in the drop box in the City Hall parking lot. The City is currently waiving late fees on utility accounts.
To schedule an appointment or for further assistance:
- Contact Treasury at 281-275-2750
- Contact Department of Building Safety at 281-275-2270
MOST PAYMENTS & APPLICATIONS CAN BE TAKEN CARE OF ONLINE:
- Utility Payments
- Miscellaneous Billings (False Alarms and Food Permits)
- Rental License Applications and Renewals
- Building Safety Applications:
- Start or Cancel Water Service:
Quick Links Contractor Annexation Letter
Permitting requirements will apply to construction and remodeling in annexed areas.
General overview of permitting requirements and helpful related information.
Schedule an Inspection
Call the inspection line or use our online system to schedule an inspection.
Forms & Applications
Get the process started with this comprehensive list of applications and forms.
Guidelines of City enforceable codes and the technical standards they reference.
Standards for residential driveways.