Impact to City Services
Impact to City Services
- City Council, Boards and Commisions, and Task Force Meetings
- Door to Door Sales / Solicitors
- Fire Department - Community Events
- Municipal Court
- Parks and Recreation @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Permits and Inspections
- Police Department (Fingerprinting services)
- Visits to City Hall (City Secretary, Treasury and Permits and Inspections)
- Water Service and Payments @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
City Council and Boards and Commissions meetings will be held online and in-person
Sugar Land City Council Meetings and Boards/Commissions Meetings will continue to be held online for ease of access and viewing. Meeting will be live-streamed at www.sugarlandtx.gov/SLTV16, www.youtube.com/user/SugarlLandTXgov, or otherwise stated on the agenda. For meeting agendas and archived meeting videos, visit www.sugarlandtx.gov/agendas.
Anyone who wants to address members of City Council or commissioners during these meetings may email email@example.com or submit written comments to the Office of the City Secretary at 2700 Town Center Blvd. North.
Additional requirements follow:
- Comments must pertain to matters posted on the agenda.
- Comments should include a person’s name and address.
- All comments will be provided to respective members of City Council, boards and commissions.
- Comments or discussion by the City Council, boards and/or commissions will only be made at the time the subject is scheduled for consideration.
A "Request to Speak" form (available at the Council Chambers entrance) must be completed and submitted to the City Secretary, or designee, prior to the beginning of the meeting for those that wish to address in-person.
The Office of the City Secretary is operating on an appointment-preferred basis. Please call (281) 275-2730 to schedule an appointment. In-person/On-demand services will be provided as available between appointments.
Guidelines for Park Usage
We appreciate the physical and mental health benefits that parks help provide, and we also recognize the need to prevent the spread of COVID-19. With this in mind, please follow current CDC guidelines while using parks and trails.
Facilities & Amenities - What’s Open, What’s Not
|Facility/Park Amenity||Now Open||Closed/TBD|
|Baseball, Softball Fields||✔|
|Basketball Courts (Indoor)||✔|
|Basketball Courts (Outdoor)||✔|
|Community Buildings for Rental||✔|
|Pavilions for Rental||✔|
|Imperial Park Recreation Center||✔|
|Parks, Open Spaces & Trails||✔|
|Pawm Springs Dog Park||✔|
|RiverPark Splash Pad||X|
|Splash Pad at the Plaza Adjacent to Smart Financial Centre||X|
|T.E. Harman Center||✔|
|Volleyball Courts (Indoor)||✔|
|Volleyball Courts (Outdoor)||✔|
Door to Door Selling / Solicitors
To comply with the U.S. Constitutional protections of commercial speech and interstate commerce, the City of Sugar Land is required to issue permits to solicitors that pass a criminal background check.
The city maintains a no solicitation list. It is unlawful for any person engaged in residential door-to-door selling or soliciting to enter upon a property included on the no solicitation list.
Building Safety (Permits and Inspections)
- The Permit and Treasury offices are open to walk-in customers from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- No appointments will be required for in-person submittals and payments.
- Some applications may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Permit forms and applications are available online.
- If submitting via email, please allow 3 business days for a permit technician to process your application before contacting the Permit office to check on the status.
- o Inspections can be scheduled through the Online Building Permits system or over the phone by calling 281-275-2320.
Water Service and Payments
Payments can be made online, through the dropbox in the City Hall parking lot, or inside City Hall. Due to Covid-19 and to comply with social distancing, only 5 customers will be allowed in the Treasury/Permits area at any given time. If making a payment through the dropbox:
- the dropbox will be checked approximately every two hours on regular business days, with the last check occurring at 3 p.m. Receipts can be mailed upon request.
- an additional check of the dropbox will be made at the end of business if a holiday occurs the next day
Please call 281-275-2750 for assistance or email email@example.com
In-Person Visits to City Hall
The Office of the City Secretary is operating on an appointment-preferred basis. In-person/on-demand services will be provided as available between appointments. To schedule an appointment: Call: 281-275-2730 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buiding Safety Applications
- Miscellaneous Billings (False Alarms and Food Permits)
- Open Records Requests @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>