SUGAR LAND - Seven participants in the city’s Serve Sugar Land program have been named 2022 Volunteers of the Year.
Each year, city departments select a volunteer who fosters an atmosphere of community, goes above and beyond and enhances the delivery of city services by donating their time and sharing their skills. The 2022 Departmental Volunteers of the Year are:
- Becky Adams, Economic Development;
- Brenda Frye, Finance – Municipal Court;
- Tina Morriss, Animal Services;
- Kean Liu, Parks and Recreation - Development;
- Dennis Mattli, T.E. Harman Center;
- Rickie Rabourn, Parks and Recreation – Events; and
- Sai Lee-El Srouji, Planning.
The seven volunteers contributed more than 1,600 hours of volunteer service to the city last year, equating to almost $49,000 in in-kind donations. They will be recognized for their service to the city during the Sugar Land City Council meeting on April 18 at 5:30 p.m.
Sugar Land’s Serve Sugar Land program has coordinated volunteer efforts in the city since 2007 as a way for the residents of Sugar Land and surrounding neighborhoods to become involved in city government while also contributing to improvement of the community.
To learn more about how to become a volunteer with the city of Sugar Land, visit sugarlandtx.gov/volunteer or call (281) 275-2329.