Permits & Licenses

Construction Site Permit

The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have developed requirements for construction sites that disturb one or more acre of land or a common plan of development that will disturb one or more acre of land. These regulations require applicable construction sites to comply with the Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (TPDES) Construction General Permit. These sites are also required to get a Land Disturbance Permit through the City of Sugar Land.

Post Construction Stormwater Quality Permit

Post Construction Stormwater Quality Permit is a permit that is required to obtain a Certificate of Occupancy clearance from the Stormwater Department. A development is required to have this permit when it meets the definition of "new development" or "redevelopment" specified in Sec. 11-7 of the City of Sugar Land Code of Ordinances. Once issued, this permit is for the life of the site and must be renewed annually.

Land Disturbance Permit

The Land Disturbance Permit (LDP) is required by the City of Sugar Land for any land-disturbing activity impacting one acre or more, or less than one acre of land, but part of a larger common plan development or sale that will result in disturbance of one or more acres.

Commercial Waste Operator License

Waste Operators that collect, transport, or dispose of commercial solid waste, temporary construction and demolition waste, recyclable material from commercial property or liquid waste must obtain the appropriate license from the City.

Industrial Stormwater Permit

The City of Sugar Land Stormwater Management Program is responsible for ensuring that industrial facilities in the City of Sugar Land comply with all required stormwater discharge permits and regulations. The City of Sugar Land also has the authority to enforce the TCEQ and EPA stormwater requirements for all industries within the City limits.