Fire Marshal Forms
Fire System Permits Available Online (Citizen Self Service Portal):
- Fire Access Control (Electronic Locking System)
- Fire Alarm
- Fire Extinguishing System
- Fire Sprinkler (Aboveground & Underground)
Payment of Invoices/Fees
Invoice payments for any new submittals will only be accepted through the CSS portal. American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa credit/debit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
Fire Protection System Inspection, Testing, & Maintenance (Effective October 15, 2021)
All fire protection systems in the City of Sugar Land are required by the fire code to be inspected, tested, and maintained on regular intervals. Please see attached schedule. The purpose of these inspections is to ensure the system will operate properly in the event of an incident, ensuring a safe environment by minimizing the risk of life and property loss.
City of Sugar Land has contracted with BRYCER, LLC to help manage the fire protection systems inspection, testing, and maintenance program. All contractors who perform these services on fire protection systems are required to electronically submit all compliant and non-compliant reports to the department via www.thecomplianceengine.com. Contractors are required to submit test results to the City of Sugar Land on behalf of their customers.
The Citizen Self Service Portal is now available.
- Access the portal at: www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSS
- More information on CSS including user guides is available at: www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSSLaunch
What you need to know
- In order to be able to start any new application, you will have to register in the new CSS portal.
- New submittals (except for liquor licensing) will only be accepted online through the CSS portal. No hardcopy/paper documentation or USB flash drives will be accepted at City Hall or any other location.
Accessing an existing application, permit, or plan
- Registration on the CSS portal is required. Please follow the registration process.
- Once you have registered, your existing application(s) will need to be linked to your account
- Send a request via email that includes name, email, phone number, company name (if applicable), and permit or plan number(s).
- After your existing application(s) are linked, you will be able to pay invoices, schedule inspections, check the status of permit and plan reviews, resubmit to address review comments and receive your permit through the CSS Portal.
Payment of Invoices/Fees
- Invoice payments for any new submittals will only be accepted through the CSS portal.
- American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa credit/debit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
Check your email spam/junk folder!Please be sure to check your spam or junk email folder for emails regarding your account and submittal.
We want to hear from you!Share with us your experience with the new Citizen Self Service Portal.
Watch the introductory video
- Go to www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSS and click on the "Login or Register" button.