Post Construction Stormwater Quality Permit
To obtain clearance from the Stormwater Department, you must apply for a Post Construction Stormwater Quality Permit on the City's Citizen Self Service portal.
1. The requirements to apply for the Post Construction Stormwater Quality Permit are as follows:
- The Post-Construction Stormwater Site Management Acknowledgement and Inspection Form
- The Post-Construction Maintenance Plan must be submitted and approved before a Certificate of Occupancy is issued.
- Once approved, the Owner or Operator must file and record the Plan in the real property records of Fort Bend County.
- A Post-Construction Inspection conducted by a licensed professional engineer registered in the State of Texas.
2. Submission of Notice of Termination (NOT)
After issuance of the Post Construction Stormwater Quality Permit, the responsible party must renew the permit annually by submitting an inspection report and, on the fifth year, an inspection report stamped by a licensed engineer.
The Citizen Self Service Portal is now available.
- Access the portal at: www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSS
- More information on CSS including user guides is available at: www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSSLive
What you need to know
- In order to be able to start any new application, you will have to register in the new CSS portal.
- New submittals (except for liquor licensing) will only be accepted online through the CSS portal. No hardcopy/paper documentation or USB flash drives will be accepted at City Hall or any other location.
Accessing an existing application, permit, or plan
- Registration on the CSS portal is required. Please follow the registration process.
- Once you have registered, your existing application(s) will need to be linked to your account
- Send a request via email that includes name, email, phone number, company name (if applicable), and permit or plan number(s).
- After your existing application(s) are linked, you will be able to pay invoices, schedule inspections, check the status of permit and plan reviews, resubmit to address review comments and receive your permit through the CSS Portal.
Payment of Invoices/Fees
- Invoice payments for any new submittals will only be accepted through the CSS portal.
- American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa credit/debit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
Check your email spam/junk folder!Please be sure to check your spam or junk email folder for emails regarding your account and submittal.
We want to hear from you!Share with us your experience with the new Citizen Self Service Portal.
Watch the introductory video
- Go to www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSS and click on the "Login or Register" button.