Mental Health Resources for Teens
Need someone to talk to?
|WHO CAN HELP
|988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
|Text SPEAK to 741741
|Crisis Intervention Hotline of Houston
|LGBTQIA+ Switchboard Houston
|Texana Fort Bend Crisis Hotline
|National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
|NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
|Text "NAMI" to 741741
Talkline - Support for Students
A confidential helpline to share mental health concerns such as depression or suicidal thoughts. It includes both talking and texting features.
- Text the word SPEAK to 741741 or call 281-240-8255 (TALK) to connect with a crisis counselor.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For more information and to see additional resources, visit www.fortbendisd.org
NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
NAMI provides support groups, a video resource library, mental health education classes and other resources. For support, education and advocacy information in the greater Houston area, call 713-970-4483 or 713-970-4481 para español.
Texana Behavioral Healthcare Clinics
Texana Center’s mission is to deliver life changing services to people with behavioral health issues and intellectual and developmental disabilities. They offer a wide array of services that help to improve the lives of many Texans by providing care, skills training and support for all kinds of behavioral challenges; including mental illness, intellectual disabilities and autism.
- How they can help (list of their services)
- Area locations:
- Behavioral Healthcare Services – assist children (and their parents) in addressing not only depression, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, but also many other behavioral health issues.
- Behavior Improvement Center – a short-term program for children with an intellectual disability to teach them the skills necessary to become more successful by using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- Behavior Stabilization Team – offers crisis services and is intended to stabilize behavior and to avoid restrictive placements, etc.
- Behavior Treatment and Training Center – a short-term residential program that uses Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) through extensive “hands-on” training and consultation.
- Children’s Center for Autism – an Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) treatment program for children that have an Autism Spectrum Disorder
Regional and State Resources
Fort Bend County Behavioral Health Services
A list of mental health resources from Fort Bend County. These include the juvenile diversion projects, recovery and integration, crisis intervention team, and more. For a complete list and how to access these resources, visit www.fortbendcountytx.gov.
Rosenberg Housing Authority
The Rosenberg Housing Authority assists very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. Visit www.rosenbergha.org for more information.
Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
The DSHS provide a wide range of mental health resources. These include crisis services, mental health, substance abuse, and more. Visit www.dshs.texas.gov to see a list of available resources.