Update: January 30, 2017
Williams Trace Blvd. - Traffic Switch
A traffic switch will be implemented on Williams Trace Blvd. from State Highway 6 through the intersection of Austin Parkway on February 8. This traffic change is expected to last approximately six months. Vehicular traffic on the northbound half of the boulevard will be switched to two way traffic to allow for the reconstruction of utilities, drainage, and paving in the southbound lanes.
Residents are asked to be mindful of work crews, expect traffic delays, and when possible, avoid the area to prevent traffic congestion. Visit its.sugarlandtx.gov
for more information on Sugar Land travel time data.
Phase I of the Williams Trace Reconstruction project is scheduled to begin on January 2017. The overall scope of the project is as follows:
- Full replacement of the roadway, from SH 6 through Austin Parkway
- Full replacement of the existing water main (due to age and material type)
- Upgrade of the existing traffic signals at Austin Parkway
- Construction of an additional parallel storm sewer along the project corridor to correct drainage deficiencies
- Construction of a 10-ft sidepath along Williams Trace from Austin Parkway to SH6
Updates will be posted on this website in addition to advance notices given for temporary water service outages and road closures.
Project documentation is available below:
Project: Williams Trace Reconstruction Phase I, CIP # ST1408
Project Manager: Ross Woodfin
Engineering Department: (281) 275-2780