Short Term Rentals

Short Term Rentals in Sugar Land

Better Neighborhoods Through Zoning
The City's goal through its zoning regulations is to maintain neighborhood integrity. Authorizing Short Term Rentals (STRs) to exist within residential districts disrupts the nature of, and is incompatible with the designated use of that district.

The City has been made aware of specific concerns as it relates to STRs, among these are:

  • Increased traffic associated with the STR
  • Nuisance complaints regarding parties/noise, trash, and parking issues
  • Concerns regarding strangers coming in and out of the neighborhoods on a frequent basis

Zoning Regulations and Potential Fines

The use of a property as an STR violates Sugar Land's zoning regulations and is not allowed within the city’s residential zoning districts.

STRs fall under the SIC Code 7021 - Rooming and Boarding Houses. The information can be found in the Sugar Land Development Code Land Use Matrix in Sec. 2-71.

Violations of city zoning regulations could result in fines of up to $2,000 per day.

Contact Us

  1. 2700 Town Center Blvd. N.
    Sugar Land, TX 77479
    Ph: 281-275-2170