An unusual high water bill could be the result of a leak somewhere in your property. If you received a high water bill due to a leak and have fixed the leak, you might qualify for an adjustment on a future bill.
More on leak adjustments requests
- Leak adjustments are limited to one - per rolling twelve-month period and per customer.
- If you qualify, up to two consecutive billing periods affected by the leak may receive an adjustment.
- It may take up to two billing cycles before the adjustment will be applied as a credit to the utility account.
- The adjustment will be calculated using the previous twelve (12) month’s bills (excluding high bills due to the leak).
- If the high water bill occurs during the calculation of winter quarter average, your winter average will be recalculated and your next bill adjusted accordingly.
- A maximum adjustment of $2,500 will be applied per qualified customer.