Sugar Land Municipal Court
Jury and non-jury trial dockets through August 1 are cancelled and all jury trial cases currently scheduled during this time will be reset to a later date.
City of Sugar Land Municipal Court will continue remote court proceedings for initial appearances, pretrial dockets, show cause hearings, compliance hearings, and juvenile dockets will be held as currently scheduled using the Zoom platform. Letters with instructions about the remote proceedings and the date of the hearing will be mailed to each defendant a week prior to their court date.
The remote appearance is not optional and neglecting to appear will have the same consequences as not appearing at an in-person proceeding. Alternatively, options for handling a citation prior to a court date, can be found here, on the court’s website.
Please call the court at (281) 275-2560, for more information on video conferencing court appearances or read about appearing remotely on the "Your Rights" page of this website.
The Sugar Land Municipal Court handles cases involving Class C misdemeanors. Generally, such cases are punishable by fine only.
The law is constantly changing and there may be times when the information on this web site will not be current. This information is provided for general informational purposes only; it is not intended as legal advise; it is not a comprehensive treatment of the subject; and it is not a substitute for advice from an attorney.
For the safety of our citizens and employees:
If you are experiencing any upper respiratory symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath), please contact us - an appearance may not be required.
- Call the court at (281) 275-2560 for alternative options;
- Visit our website at www.sugarlandtx.gov/municipalcourt to see if a court appearance is necessary
- Email your request for reset/motion to continue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Para el bienestar de nuestos ciudadanos y empleados:
Si usted tiene sintomas respiratoria superiores (tos, fiebre, falta de aliento), por favor contactenos - puede ser que su apariencia en la corte no sea requerido.
- Llame la corte a (281) 275-2560 para opciones alternativas;
- Visite nuestra página web www.sugarlandtx.gov/municipalcourt para ver si su apariencia en corte es necesario;
- Envíenos correo electrónico con su solicitud para restablecer su fecha de corte/moción de continuidad a email@example.com.
Hours of Operation
- Regular Court Business Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Arraignments: Held Tuesday through Friday starting at 9 a.m. (check-in by 8:30 a.m.)
Did you receive a ticket from a Sugar Land police officer?
Watch this short video and learn more about the options available to you.
Jury service information including qualifications and exemptions.
Payments to the Court and driving safety course requests can be made online.
Deferred Disposition (Probation)
Eligibility and procedures to request a deferred disposition.
Driving Safety Course
Eligibility and procedure to request a driving safety course.
An overview of options to take care of a ticket.