Standards & Permits
The Citizen Self Service Portal is now available.The Citizen Self Service portal moves permits, license, and plan submittal processes to convenient online intake only.
What you need to know
- In order to be able to start any new application, you will have to register in the new CSS portal.
- New submittals (except for liquor licensing) will only be accepted online through the CSS portal. No hardcopy/paper documentation or USB flash drives will be accepted at City Hall or any other location.
Accessing an existing application, permit, or plan
- Registration on the CSS portal is required. Please follow the registration process.
- Once you have registered, your existing application(s) will need to be linked to your account
- Send a request via email that includes name, email, phone number, company name (if applicable), and permit or plan number(s).
- After your existing application(s) are linked, you will be able to pay invoices, schedule inspections, check the status of permit and plan reviews, resubmit to address review comments and receive your permit through the CSS Portal.
Payment of Invoices/Fees
- Invoice payments for any new submittals will only be accepted through the CSS portal.
- American Express, Discover, Mastercard, and Visa credit/debit cards are acceptable forms of payment.
We want to hear from you!Share with us your experience with the new Citizen Self Service Portal.
Watch the introductory video
- Go to www.sugarlandtx.gov/CSS and click on the "Login or Register" button.
Design & Construction
- Construction Specifications
- Design Standards & Appendices with Atlas 14 Update - October 2021
- City of Sugar Land Construction Details
- Master Drainage Plan
- Thoroughfare Plan
- Approved Products List and Product Application
Permits & Forms
- Traffic Impact Analysis Guidelines
- Traffic Impact Analysis Worksheet
- Driveway Standards Variance Request Form (Driveways only)
- Specific Approval Request Form (For Deviations from Design Standards)
Plan Submittals Accepted Only in Electronic Format
Beginning November 5, 2018 plan submittals will only be accepted in electronic format. Paper copy of submittals will no longer be accepted.
Only the application itself will be in paper copy. Updated applications are now online.
For questions regarding electronic plans submittal, contact the Planning Department at 281-275-2218.